Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuel stops

Go down

fuel stops Empty fuel stops

Post  terry lees Fri Sep 21 2012, 20:57

Hi all, This is I know is a little premature but will at least give you all plenty of time to consider your options. The planned route is a little complex so we need to be on our way by 9.15 prompt. The first planned stop is about 80 miles, so attendees should have enough fuel in their tanks to make this distance. I appreciate that this might be difficult especially for those arriving late in the evening. Being a rural location there are few fuel stations so Chris Eddie will compile a list of likely to be open sites in the area to cover whichever direction you will be arriving from so you can brim your tanks ready for the off in the morning. Failing this, there is a small filling station in Hawes (about 2 miles from our base) I'm told the opening hours are a little erratic, but should be open by about 8.45 I'm also told that his price for the old "sans plomb" is 15p per litre over the odds! None of this should really be a problem for most unless of course you own a Ducati or similar. Sorry Greencat & DBD I just could'nt resist that bit.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down