Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013

+5
Wooster
ellie
Rosco
0ldcat
stretchie_
9 posters

Go down

FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013 Empty FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013

Post  stretchie_ Mon Sep 09 2013, 14:14

Ladies and Germany, boys and gurlz

It is my pleasure to inform you that my good lady **AHEM** and I have a stall at the local food Festival this Sunday, I know many of you have seen my posts about smoking pork shoulders and ribs amongst other things, well we are going to have a go this weekend and see how it is received by the public.

We are all Food Hygiene certificated and insurance'd up and have paid for the stall.

I have stripped, cleaned and painted the smoker and done some test runs this weekend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Done some pork shoulder to make pulled pork

I also did my pork loin which I don't smoke but instead gets cooked over charcoal and is the juiciest pork loin you will ever taste, guaranteed

We also did our own Mac n Cheese, and BBQ beans, the macs good but the BBQ Beans are awesome, two different types of beans, pulled pork and not a Heinz wrapper involved at any stage

So if your local, come on down and try us out.

The menu for the actual day is: (*subject to change)

Mains
- Pulled pork baps, great with coleslaw and a big dose of our home made sticky BBQ sauce
- Ribs - A few ribs from the rack and some sides, due to the nature of the cooking process these may sell out quickly but will be available periodically through out the day

Sides
- Mac n Cheese
- BBQ Beans
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013 Empty Re: FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013

Post  0ldcat Mon Sep 09 2013, 21:57

Hope you have a good and Profitable day Dan left thumb up 

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013 Empty Re: FOOOOOOD, Melksham (Wiltshire) Food Festival Sunday 15 Spet 2013

Post  Rosco Mon Sep 09 2013, 23:53

Ah Dan.

You're too far away for me. Crying or Very sad
Desperate to come and sample some though.

Looks the business Smile
One day......one day.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Tue Sep 10 2013, 01:05

Cheers guys. Just been figuring out tonight how much stuff to buy. We don't want to overbuy and be left with loads of meat, we've only got do much room in the freezer.

It's a small fortune in outlay so it's all going on the credit card...... Oh dear
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Sep 10 2013, 07:02

Get in my belly!

What a pity you're so far away...

Good luck Stretchie!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Tue Sep 10 2013, 08:03

Looks tasty as hell. Cool 

I was trying to persuade my brother to make one of those drum smokers since I don't have a garden, but he hasn't come around to the idea yet. :(
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Tue Sep 10 2013, 21:39

Busy in the morning, but I might try to get along in the afternoon. Hope you'll have some left them!
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Tue Sep 10 2013, 23:47

Cheers guys,

Wooster - Get him to make one, only your waistline and GP will regret it

Bob - There will be plenty. As a booby prize, you get to spend time with me if we run out
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Sep 11 2013, 00:34

Best of luck Dan.
Hope the weather is kind and all goes well.
Bob can give us his critique in due course.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Wed Sep 11 2013, 10:30

Sounds and looks.....

Unfortunately we're in Scarborough this weekend at Oliver's Mount otherwise I'd be there!
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Wed Sep 11 2013, 10:37

mmmmm this looks good!! If the weather is good and my partner is kind I'll try and escape for the afternoon on the bike and try and bring alley cat with me Very Happy 
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Fri Sep 13 2013, 22:21

That's a hell of a lot of meat

That's 40kg of pork shoulders Smile
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Sep 14 2013, 11:27

Sausage Sans Bun Au Mutard ?

$3 Guv'ner
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Sep 14 2013, 12:20

That's wrong on every level Tel
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Sep 14 2013, 13:41

What question-excamation  . . . Sausage, no bun or mustard, . . . three dollars mate Don\'t Know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I cannot be held responsible for you making up your own jokes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Sep 14 2013, 16:26

Snowcat wrote:That's wrong on every level Tel
I can only see one thing wrong with it.
It isn't mine... Cool 
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Sun Sep 15 2013, 18:11

Weather was terrible and my gf was hungover which meant I had to entertain the little one... sorry couldn't make it but I hope it was a good weekend for you and turned out to be rather profitable.
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Sep 15 2013, 20:03

I was wondering how it went myself.
Just looking at the pics is making me hungry again.Very Happy 
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Sep 16 2013, 11:20

Hey guys, was too shattered to log on yesterday, I got home from work on Friday and set straight to work prepping and then cooking pretty much all the way through from 20:00ish Friday evening to 01:0 Sunday morning. We had 2 hours sleep Friday night and 4 hours Saturday night.

I'll be honest, in terms of sales it was dire but only because of the weather, there was a very low turn out. Apparently last year there were 2000 attendees and the three years before were busy too as Cheryl and I normally go to it and eat loads ourselves, so based on that knowledge we went balls out and did loads of food.

However, it's just one of those things, it was good for us as all the hot food stalls suffered the same, there was a pizza fella there and we didn't see a single person at his stall all day, not one.

We did well though, most people who tried it came back later with family or friends telling them they have to try something, one fella stood infront of the stall like a town crier and told people that the pulled pork and the beans were the best thing ever and I gave the stall next to us some ribs and she sent us a lot of people. So the feed back was amazing and we never thought it would be that good, the experience of moving things about, setting up for the cooking and just the whole day made it well worth it and we will be doing it again.

Just a shame the weather stopped the punters coming out, want some ribs?
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Mon Sep 16 2013, 11:27

Those who enjoyed it this year might pass the word around next year if it's a better turnout, so you've at least got some good advertising out of it. Cool 

I feel quite sorry for the pizza bloke. Not having a single punter all day is right kick in the plums. sad 
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Sep 16 2013, 11:31

Yeah, he must have had some but we didn't see any, and we kept an eye on all the stalls to see how we were doing compared to them.
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Mon Sep 16 2013, 11:38

apropos of nothing: I remember my food choice tactic from past T in the Park's. I'd look at the ground around the food stalls and only eat at the ones that had the most empty plates and wrappers scattered in front of them.
Loads of leftovers on the plates was usually a good sign that it was pretty vile (and expensive) stuff. Very Happy 
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  OhJay Mon Sep 16 2013, 12:50

stretchie_ wrote:want some ribs?
Yes!

Shame it was a quiet weekend, weather couldn't make up it's mind in Scarborough but it definitely decided it wasn't going to be warm! Sounds like those that were there were positive though.
OhJay
OhJay
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 17 2013, 18:03

Am absolutely gutted.  Was in Melksham on Sun but didn't clock this until too late.  Hope your freezer is empty and your pockets are full. Well done to both of you Clap
Anonymous

Back to top Go down